GET A DRIVER LICENSE
An initial Learner’s Permit is issued to any individual, 16 years of age or older, who has never been licensed to operate a vehicle, a new resident who has never been licensed, or a new resident who has been licensed in another state but whose driver license has been expired longer than 6 months. If you are a new resident to PA, please visit our New Resident information page.
Acquire a Pennsylvania Driver’s Manual from a local Driver License Center, or on this website:
Have a physician, physician assistant, certified registered nurse practitioner or chiropractor conduct a physical examination and complete Form DL-180 “Medical Qualification Certificate.”
Visit a Driver License Center with:
- The completed DL-180
- The completed DL-180TD (if under the age 18). This form must be completed by a parent, guardian, or spouse who is 18 years of age or older.
- Proof of identity, which is listed on reverse side of DL-180. Note: If you are changing your name, you must present original documents supporting name changes such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order.
- Two acceptable proofs of residency, listed on reverse side of DL-180, if you are 18 years of age or older. Proof of residency is not required if you are age 16 or 17.
- Your Social Security card.
- A check or money order payable to PennDOT for the appropriate fee. (Cash is not accepted.)
Take your eye screening and Knowledge Test at a PennDOT Driver License Center. Once passed, you will be issued your Initial Learner’s Permit.
Note: Permit holders under the age of 18 are encouraged to schedule their exam at this time for 6 months from the date their initial permit was issued. Leading up to the date of their skills test, if the student does not feel comfortable they may reschedule their exam for a future date.
(Only Applicable For Permit Holders Under 18)
New exams appointments are made available every Wednesday morning that are within 6 weeks and 6 months timeframe.
When visiting a Driver License Center to take your road test, please be sure to bring the following items with you:
- Your valid learner’s permit
- Parent or Guardian Certification Form DL-180C, if applicant is under 18 years of age
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Accompanying driver’s valid driver’s license
- Valid Inspection Sticker(s)
PennDOT uses state-of-the-art facial recognition technology when an individual has their photo taken for their driver’s license/identification card renewal.
Do you think you are ready to take your knowledge test? Please use our Locator service to find a PennDOT location near you. Be sure to bring your completed Non-Commercial Learner’s Permit Application, completed Parent and Guardian Consent form or required proof of residency, and appropriate fee.
…….Source of Information (getting your driver’s Licence from PennDot Wedsite)
Pennsylvania Learners Permit Booklet (Need Adobe PDF to read)
Book Now Free
No Credit Card Required
Copyright © AW Driving School 2017 | Design by 220 Design | All images and or documents are own by Aw driving School and 3rd parties DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING WITHOUT WRITTEN APROVAL
Design & Maintained by
Get in Touch
Contact AW Driving School